When creating or editing an automation rule, you will tell Cloudingo how to select the master record when merging a group of duplicates on Tab 2. The master record serves as the baseline for the final result. Master records are selected based on specific user-defined criteria and the ordering of the records within the group of duplicates.
Usually the master is selected and ordered by date:
- Newest Modified Date (out of the box, this is the default selection because it assumes that this record has the most updated information)
- Oldest Modified Date
- Newest Created Date
- Oldest Created Date
*Note: no matter which of the above selections you choose, the final record will still reflect the original date it was created. For example, if you choose Newest Modified Date as your master, the most recently updated information will populate in the field values. However, the record’s created date will always remain the original date.
The master record can also be selected based on the:
- First Record in the group
- Most complete record (the record with the most populated fields)
- Record with the most attached objects (remember though that ALL attached objects are preserved regardless of the master record selection)
- Highest value in a user-defined field
- Lowest value in a user-defined field
- First record to have a value in a user-defined field.
- Record with the value in a user-defined field that appears highest when the values are prioritized