Here you can define how all field values on the record are to be determined.
Default Field Values
Define the general rule you want to use when determining the field value selections for the final record.
- Most Common: Uses the value that appears most frequently across the records in the group for each field. If no value appears more than any other value, Cloudingo will use the most recent record’s values.
- Newest Record’s Values: (ordered by either Create Date or Modified Date): Cloudingo will use the field value from the first record to have a value when ordered in this manner.
- Oldest Record’s Values: (ordered by either Create Date or Modified Date). Cloudingo will use the field value from the first record to have a value when ordered in this manner.
You also have the option of choosing to override or not to override the master record’s field values from above.
- Never Override Master: If selected, Cloudingo preserves the values of the selected master record and never changes them, even if the fields are empty.
- Override Master When Blank: If selected, Cloudingo preserves the values of the selected master record. However, if there are empty fields on the master record, Cloudingo will populate those fields based on the record defined in the first drop down menu resulting in a more complete record.
- Always Override Master: If selected, Cloudingo updates the field values of the master record based on the record defined in the first drop down menu.
The checkbox labeled “Create a note for each field with all values,” if selected, will save all of the field data from all secondary records in a note attached to the final/master record. Note: Use caution when selecting this option. Read more about notes.
Specific Field Values
In this section, you can set rules for specific fields on the object. These rules will supersede any settings above.
- Click Add Fields
- Select a field in the drop down (standard or custom field)
- Define what Rule to use. Options may include (dependent upon the chosen field):
- Most Common
- Newest or Oldest when ordered by Create Date or Modified Date
- Specific Value or Blank: This option lets you insert a value in the Options section and have Cloudingo update the final record with that value
- Prioritized By Values: This option allows you to rank the possible values for the field. Cloudingo will select the value from the group of duplicates that appears highest in the list. The list is entered in the Options section.
- Combined List: Used for multi-select pick lists and short text fields
- Ignore These and Select Another Value: This option lets you define a value to be ignored. For example, on a field with “[Not Provided]”, Cloudingo will select an alternate value if available.
- Select whether or not to override the master for the field
- Choose to create a note attached to the final record with values from the specified field. Note: This attached note would only contain values from specific key fields whereas the note referenced above in Default Field Values would contain ALL data points from ALL records in the group.
- Choose to add the field value to the Cloudingo Audit report.