Matching styles defined:
- Alpha Numeric Only: Strips out any special characters, symbols, and spaces.
- Company Name Cleaned: Strips out standard corporate suffixes and articles, ex. Inc., Incorporated, Co., Company, The, A, etc.
- If you want Cloudingo to also strip out all spaces from your values before making the comparison against other records, select the ‘Remove Spaces’ checkbox.
EX: ABCXYZ, Inc. vs ABC XYZ – typical company clean would not catch this scenario, because it is only stripping out the ‘, Inc.’ for comparison. If you check the option to remove spaces, it will pair these company names since the space is removed for comparison.
- Domain: Matches the domain of email addresses (text that follows an @ symbol).
- Exact: One-to-one match of field data.
- First N Characters: N stands for “number.” This number is user-defined.
- First Word: Establishes a match from the first word in a string of words.
- Fuzzy: Fuzzy matching uses an algorithm that calculates likely matches based on a threshold (it is recommended that you use this option last after several previous passes on the data as it returns the widest set of possible matches).
For more information on using Fuzzy logic on Street address fields, click here!
- Last N Characters: N stands for “number.” This number is user-defined.
- Last N Word: N stands for “number.” This number is user-defined.
- Letters Only: Strips out any non-letter characters, symbols, and spaces, ex. ABC, A B C, A.B.C.
- Numeric Only: Strips out any non-numeric characters, symbols, and spaces, ex. 414, 4 1 4, 4.1.4
- Phone International: A fuzzy matching algorithm specific to phone numbers that accounts for differences in formatting and spacing.
- Phone North America: A fuzzy matching algorithm specific to phone numbers that accounts for differences in formatting and spacing.
- URL: Matches a web site URL address.